“LinkedIn delivered strong results in the third quarter, and recently announced several products focused on delivering increased member and customer value,” said Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn. “Our commitment to investing in our long-term roadmap continues to lay the foundation for future growth of the company.” - press.linkedin.com
- Linkedin Pulse in German, French and Portuguese
- Linkedin Lookup (a Linkedin based intra-chat)
- Linkedin ProFinder (a Linkedin based freelancer platform, launched in the San Francisco area)
- New Messaging system
- New Group system
- Skills became links, when one clicks on them, will be dropped to a platform, where you find this:
- "Articles, experts, jobs, and more: get all the professional insights you need on LinkedIn", then you can scroll down or click "Learn this skill" and you'll get dropped down to "Learn about ..." area, where you can find a Lynda.com course.
- You can also see who are in the same industry in your network.
- If you scroll down from here, you'll find articles you can read, and bellow that
- You find SlideShare content.
- Industry related Groups are underneath and
- Synonyms of the Industry's name is found at the bottom
- Chitu, the Chinese Linkedin (or Ling Ying) app (see image - Chitu app's icon)
- Oprah Winfrey is the newest Influencer
Linkedin is pushing harder and harder the Basic (free) users to pay them. And they do it quite well as the revenue improved 21% from Q3 2014.
Talent Solutions revenue increased 46% year-over-year.
Marketing Solutions revenue grew 28%.
Sponsored Updates (Part of Linkedin Ads, visible on mobile, tablet and PC, notebook/laptop - DrLinkedin) performance once again exceeded 100% year-over-year growth, partially offset by expected premium display headwinds. - press.linkedin.com
Finally, a few weeks ago, we previewed the next generation of LinkedIn’s mobile flagship experience. This new app was developed mobile first; does fewer things better; and is faster, simpler, and more personalized. It’s structured around five key pillars - the Feed, Profile, My Network, Messaging, and Search - and will launch next month. In 2016, these pillars will also serve as the foundation for the ongoing evolution of our desktop site.
In 2016, these pillars (Feed, Profile, My Network, Messaging, and Search) will also serve as the foundation for the ongoing evolution of our desktop site.