Updated on Ocotober 19, 2014
This is a paying Facebook / Twitter like cover picture.
The steps to set are the followings:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage, and selectEdit Profile
- Click Edit Background, which appears above the top section of your profile.
- Select a background image or click Upload to use a photo of your own.
- Click Save.
As Linkedin tells this picture has to have the bellow details:
- File type - JPG, GIF, or PNG
- Maximum file size is 4MB
- Profile photo: Pixel size is between 200 × 200 pixels and 4000 × 4000 pixels, (non paying maximum size is 500×500 pixels, by Tamas Banki)
- Background photo: Pixel size is 1400 × 425 pixels
- Make your listing appear larger in search results.
- Allow you to select your background photo from a gallery of professional photos.
- Make your profile photo 30% larger.
So if you want a very eye catching background picture to pull attention towards your Linkedin Profile, you can invest in this too.
Since the beginning of October 2014 every single member of Linkedin can add a 1400×425px image. Have it, as it's FREE and nice.
Image: Linkedin screenshot