As you might know, on all different surfaces on Linkedin there are different character (keystrokes [including spaces and punctuation too!]) limits.
Here I list it for you.
1. Name: First name: 20, FAMILY name: 40 characters (type your Name like this: Tamas BANKI, first name Capital (upper-case) first letter, Surname, last name all letter CAPITAL.
2. Company Name: 100 maximum characters (do NOT use dots, dashes, semicolons, colons, slashes as they all become a dash "-")
3. Professional Headline: 120 character limit (you can use [USE!] here webdings, windings and other symbol too, each counts as 1 character)
4. Summary: 2,000 character limit (you don't have to fill it up)
5. Website Anchor Text: 30 maximum characters (in Contact info section)
6. Website URL: 255 maximum characters
7. Position Title: 100 characters
8. Position Description: 200 minimum - 2,000 maximum characters
9. Interests: 1,000 Characters (these are keywords = terms, so avoid writingsentences here!)
10. Phone number: 25 character limit (Viewable only to 1st degree connections)
11. Instant message (Skype, AOL, IM, GTalk, ICQ): 25 character limit (Viewable only to 1st degree connections)
12. Address: 1000 character limit (Viewable only to 1st degree connections)
13. Skills: You may add up to 50 skills using 61 characters per skill
14. Linkedin Status Update: You can use up to 700 characters unless you want to update your Twitter status at the same time. Twitter updates are limited to 140 characters. If you go over the 140-character limit, only the first 140 characters will be visible on Twitter
15. Connect letter: 300 characters (always send a personal letter to people, as we are humans and like to be treated as one)
16. Advice for Contacting: 2,000 characters (you can write your email address here)
@TamasBANKI is a Linkedin Expert (@DrLinkedin). Joined Linkedin in 2007 and helped over 1700 professionals and students with Linkedin.