Linkedin Groups are known for being the best B2B platforms of Linkedin, so if you are in business, you need to be A) a member, B) and owner.
There are 1.6 million Linkedin Groups, from XXXL (100K+ members) to 1 member only.
You can find groups to join by using the search feature at the top of your homepage or viewing suggestions of groups you may like. You can also create a new group focused on a particular topic or industry.
If you don't find the answer to your question below, you can find many more topics by entering some more detailed search keywords in the box near the top of this page.
Create a Group
You can start a new group by filling out the fields on the Create a Group page.
You'll be the owner of any group you create, but you can also assign other members to be admins who can help moderate conversations.
To create a group:
Creating a Group in the Groups Mobile App
Currently, you can only create a group on Desktop. This feature will be added to the mobile app soon.
Once you have created a group on desktop, it will appear in your groups list on mobile and you can invite others to join. Any changes to the group's settings can be managed from Desktop.
- Move your cursor over Interests at the top of your homepage and select Groups.
- Click the My Groups dropdown at the top of the page and select your group's name.
- Click the Manage option in top right of the page.
- Click Send Invitations on the left and then do any of the following*:
- Type a connection's first or last name in the Connections field, and select their name from the list.
- Click the address book icon to choose connections.
- Click the Add other email addresses link and enter email addresses of contacts.
- Click Send Invitations.
Note: There's a limit to how many invitations you can send at once based on current group size, your tenure with Linkedin, how many connections you have, and how many pending invitations you have.
* HACK: On the other hand I do not recommend you to send generic Linkedin invitation template, as that isn't personal. You need to send personal invitations. :)
Learn other ways to promote your group and help it grow faster.